- Close the Chrome Browser.
- Click the button in the lower right hand corner of your Chromebook screen.
- Click Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, then click Show Advanced Settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Advanced Settings page and click the Reset Settings button.
- Reset settings twice! If once is good, twice is better!
- THIS PART IS IMPORTANT: You must FIRST login to your Chromebook while still in school.
- Once you get home, connect to your home WiFi in the normal way using the appropriate password.
- When you launch a web browser, the iBoss sign in page will display.
- DO NOT SIGN INTO IBOSS. WAIT FOR THE IBOSS PAGE TO CLOSE BY ITSELF. IF THE IBOSS PAGE DOES NOT AUTOMATICALLY CLOSE AFTER 5 - 10 SECONDS, CLOSE THE TAB DISPLAYING THE IBOSS SIGN IN.
- Be patient! Some students reported that it takes a minute for the connection to start working. If at first you get an error message when you try to load a page, go get a snack, text a friend, or sing your favorite song for 60 seconds. Give it a minute, and try again.
- *** REALLY SUPER IMPORTANT UPDATE: 10/15/2015. ** IT has learned that you must visit a site that does not use https to kick the connection into action. That means visiting a site or web page that doesn't use encryption FIRST, before trying to go anywhere else. Any site that starts with http:// and not https:// will work. Such sites include weather.com and projo.com and a bunch of others. You will need to visit a non encrypted web site FIRST each time you fire up and connect through your home wifi.
- Happy computing.
- If your home WiFi still doesn't work, complete this form, and someone will work with you directly.
Resetting Chrome will erase all cookies, saved passwords, and other detritus, and extensions will be disabled. You might be required to restart the Chromebook. At any rate, your Chrome browser should be restored to brand new condition.
The video below shows the steps to perform the reset, though the reset button is not actually clicked.