Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Print To Sharp Find Me From Your Phone Or Tablet

Around the year 2003, the printer in the 204 computer lab had an accident. I was overjoyed. I rarely printed then, and I print even less frequently now. Like you, though, I still occasionally wrestle with network printing, and this morning was one of those fun moments. I printed a document, trudged across the building, badged into the printer and released the print job. Right away, I noticed a typo in the first paragraph. Hike back and forth across the building to resend my print job? Not a chance; I'm far too lazy for that. While standing next to the printer, I opened the document from my phone, corrected the typo, and reprinted. Seconds later, and without a trip across the building, the corrected document was freshly printed.

Printing to the district's cloud printers with your mobile devices is here, it's real, and it works well. Yes, you can print to the Sharpe copiers from iPads, iPhones, and the entire Android family! Apple users need to make sure Google Drive is installed first. If you don't have Google Drive on your iPad or iPhone, get it here. Google Drive is already installed on Android devices. From your mobile device, sign in to your Google Drive account using your school credentials (first_last@ewg.k12...) Be sure to use your school account, not a home or consumer account, since only your school account has access to EWG's printers. If you are having trouble starting Google Drive on your iPad, this short video will help you get going.

The videos below show the rest of the printing process. The first video shows printing from Apple Devices, and the second demonstrates printing from Android devices. Cloud printing from mobile devices works, and works well. Give it a try!


Printing from Apple devices.



Printing from Android devices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite, kind, and professional, please.