Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Devices Need Electricity

Last October, I spent about a half hour troubleshooting the audio on one of
Wawalaom's Eno Board projectors to determine why the projector's audio was not working. Yesterday, I spent another twenty minutes troubleshooting the same projector for the same reason; no audio. The culprit both times? Lack of electricity. One might think that after my "Duh" moment last October, the lesson would have stayed with me. I wish I had filed a simple 'note to self' that asked, "Hey, does the device your troubleshooting have electricity?" I didn't then, but did this time!

Applying this lesson in your classroom.
Before calling IT, submitting a ticket, or wielding a screwdriver, do the easy stuff first. Make sure the device has electrical power.

#ewgrsd

1 comment:

  1. We call those black cords "60 cycle antennas" when they aren't plugged in. Rarely ever works.

    ReplyDelete

Be polite, kind, and professional, please.