Friday, April 15, 2016

EWG IT Department Uses ESP

Deb Bannon was experiencing a boatload of trouble with the WiFi in her resource room Wednesday, and she caught me in the corridor seeking help. Using a WiFi analyzer on my phone, I was able to determine that the WiFi signal in her area was toggling on and off, much like a slow motion strobe light. I used another app to create this cheesy video to help document the issue for submission to EWG's IT department. In another room down the corridor (where the WiFi was working well), I began to write up a help ticket. About the time my laptop awoke, I heard familiar voices across the corridor in a storage room / wiring closet. Relieved to see EWG IT in the building, I interrupted their work, and was happy to learn that they were already aware of the problem and were implementing a solution. We've seen a few IT trouble ticket systems over the years, from Email to School Dude, and most recently, ZenDesk. Now we have EWG IT by ESP.  Happy vacation!
#ewgrsd

No comments:

Post a Comment

Be polite, kind, and professional, please.